Today, as I was cleaning off my desk, I found a note I had written to myself last year. At the time I was feeling very discouraged. I had been going through some things but rather than looking only at the bad news I wanted to look for the good news hidden from my immediate view. So here are some of the things I had written down:
- We’ve had to make some drastic cuts in our business BUT we’re still in business.
- I have some health problems BUT it’s not terminal.
- Our new TV went out BUT it was under warranty.
- The roof has a couple of leaks BUT we have a home and a roof over our heads.
- Our yard is knee high BUT we’ve had some much needed rain.
- I get sad sometimes because my hubby has to travel a lot BUT I’m thankful he is able.
I don’t believe in luck but there was a song on a TV show called Hee Haw that is just stuck in my head. Part of the song says, “if it weren’t for bad luck I’d have no luck at all. Gloom, despair, and agony on me!” That’s how I get to feeling sometimes and I actually sing those lines to myself (weird I know). If you’re like me and you get a little down in the dumps sometimes, write down the things that have you discouraged and then think about something good that also applies and write that down. Then think about the good things. It will lift your spirit. Be thankful because it could be worse!